Dieses Blog durchsuchen

Freitag, 15. Januar 2016

Mage2 a clone of Petashop?

On my daily reserach for articles, that tell me, that magento realy sucks (from time to time I try not to loose my head and search for some jokes of frustrated devs like me and thousand others) I found a path to prestashop.

Read this for further alternatives
http://andrewbleakley.com/alternatives-to-magento/

On this article a link to prestashop was posted with a screenshot of presta.

At first overview I realy was crying loud. "Presta has stolen the new Mage2 Design" and I had to install it local to check, if they had "stolen" only the design.

After download and installation on PHP 7 without any problems or issues (presta is php7 ready) I could have a look on the code with my PHPStorm.

Presta is definitly much older than Mage2. Presta comes with smarty as templateengine. That was arround 2006.

After I logged into the adminpanel i fellt like home on Mage2

This is Mage2 Adminpanel





And this pesta

Nice isnt it. With some data in Mage 2 the Graph looks similar.


Not enough?

Here are the productlists
Mage2 productlists


And Here Pesta




And so on....

I must say, that I was really not impressed by the "new" admin backend layout.
The usability / navigation is much more complicated that in Mage1. I now need more time to open up popups and wait for Javascriptlayer, what was pretty good solved in Mage1.

And even if I now can edit rows inline, I do not want to miss a good managementarea in a shop like Mage1 was.

At the end I Think its allways a good idea to envolve Software to the next state of the art. And sometimes things get worst before they come good. 

But what was never a good idea  ist simply addapt a concept and think "It works".

Copycats are tricky.




 



1 Kommentar: